We’re always on the hunt for ways to simplify our beauty routine or perfect the look we’re going for. Check out these 7 beauty tips you can’t live without, that will help you get your beauty routine down to a fine art!
1. Give dry brushing a chance. Take a nail brush and scrub all over your body before getting in the shower. This helps remove a significant amount more dead skin than exfoliating in the shower.
2. Aloe as a one-size-fits-all remedy. Aloe is an amazing remedy for acne, dry skin, razor burn, scars, and everything in between! Ditch the drug store remedy and give this all natural solution a shot.
3. Wear sunscreen. Any dermatologist will tell you that you should be wearing sunscreen every. single. day. for optimal sun protection, no matter where you’re headed. Buy a moisturizer that contains sunscreen to kill two birds with one stone.
4. Dry skin? Olive oil can help. If you have dry skin, try removing your makeup with high quality olive oil. This all-natural solution will lock moisture in! In a pinch? Try baby oil instead.
5. Keep your hands to yourself. Unless you’ve just washed your hands, keep them away from your face! This will help prevent breakouts.
6. Lotion = emergency anti-frizz treatment. Don’t let frizz get you down. Put some lotion on your hands, rub it almost all the way in, and then rub your hands over your hair to tame frizz and fly-aways.
7. Coconut oil is the multipurpose tool of beauty. Coconut oil makes an excellent makeup remover, body lotion, nail cream, hair mask, moisturizer, and more!
What are some of your favorite beauty tips you can’t live without? Share in the comments below!
At HinsonGayle, we love fashion. We also love a good life hack that makes wearing amazing clothes and accessories easier. Check out these 12 laundry hacks that are so simple and effective, they will change your life!
1. Get rid of grease stains with chalk or baby powder. Either product will soak the grease right up when left overnight!
2. Skip the hand washing of your bras and use one of these protective bags in the washing machine. Always hang to dry though.
3. Tired of your socks disappearing? Use an extra lingerie bag to keep your socks in one place! No more lonely socks.
4. Want to freshen up your clothes without washing them? Try this linen spray. You can even ruin your clothes by washing them too many times!
5. Want a wrinkle free outfit without having to break out the iron? Put the item back into the dryer with an ice cube or two. The steam the ice cubes create will release the wrinkles!
6. Need to speed up a load’s drying time? Add a dry towel to soak up excess moisture.
7. Out of dryer sheets? Use a ball of aluminum foil to get rid of static instead. A small amount will do!
8. Use a colander to wash delicate items. It allows you to rinse detergent from your clothes while not letting the garment get stretched by excess water.
9. To keep your colors from running, add half a cup of vinegar to your load.
What are your most helpful laundry hacks? Share them in the comments below and help a sister out!
New York Fashion Week just wrapped up, showing us the latest and greatest styles in the fashion world. While the week was certainly filled with incredible pieces with incredibly high price tags, we wanted to feature some amazing looks from NYFW that won’t break the bank — check them out below!
1. American Apparel Ponte Mock Neck Short Sleep Top
2. Zara Trousers With Side Band
3. Gap Vintage Wash Crewneck Tee
4. Vivienne Sunglasses from Quay Australia
5. Nike AirForce 1
While NYFW is the prime time for designer brands to display their new looks, we also wanted to announce that we have launched new products on our site! We are now carrying dangle earrings in round, baroque, and gemstone colors, as well as new necklace styles! Check out the latest in fashion from HinsonGayle by shopping here! You can even use code FALL20 for 20% off baroque styles.
Fall is right around the corner! The cool breezes, pumpkin spice everything, football games, and changing leaves will be here before you know it. With fall approaching, it’s time to gear up your wardrobe with the essentials to have you looking fashionable, confident, and beautiful all season long. Check out our list of fall wardrobe essentials for inspiration!
The Grown Up Backpack. A versatile, stylish leather backpack is perfect for fall! This leather bag can be worn two ways, as a backpack or as a shoulder bag, and has plenty of pockets for storage of all your grown-up essentials.
$145.99 via fawndesign.com
A White Button-Up Shirt
Truly, a white button-up is a necessary item for any season. It’s one of the most versatile pieces of clothing you can ever own, so invest in one made of quality material that you can dress up or dress down with ease.
$72.00 via madewell.com
A Breathtaking Watch
This watch is not only functional, it’s gorgeous. It’s maple wood and rose gold accents compliment each other wonderfully, and will surely be the envy of all your friends.
$199 via jord.com
The Perfect Pair of Earrings
A classic pair of pearl studs will help you accessorize any outfit. Whether you want to dress up your favorite tshirt and jeans, or you’re headed off for a night on the town, you cannot go wrong with a pair of pearls.
$45.00 via hinsongayle.com
The Fall Sneaker
Your everyday shoes for fall should have a different style than the pair you’ve worn out this summer. Swap your sandals out for a functional and fashionable pair of fall sneakers.
$78.00 via jcrew.com
A Fresh Pair of Shades
Chances are you favorite pair of sunglasses took a beating this summer. Replace them with a fresh new pair so you can sip your pumpkin spice latte in style.
$95.00 via warbyparker.com
Looking for ways to make your morning beauty routine easier? Check out these 13 beauty hacks that everyone should know!
1. Out of blush? Use lipstick instead!
2. Add a drop of peppermint oil into your lip gloss to give your lips a plumping boost.
3. Keep your eye cream in the fridge to help fight off puffy eyes – the cool cream will be soothing and will reduce inflammation in the eye area.
4. Always test your foundation shade on your neck, not your arm, for a perfect match.
5. Get every drop out of your bottle of lotion by cutting off the top of the bottle.
6. Get the most out of your mascara by sticking it in your bra or pocket for a few minutes to warm it up – it will help your lashes curl better!
7. If you have a short amount of time to get ready, focus on either your eyes or your lips, not both.
8. Use this helpful highlighter cheat sheet to make you look more energized.
9. If need to make flaky, clumpy mascara last longer, mix in a few drops of contact solution. If you’ve the mascara longer than 3 months — toss it. No need to risk an eye infection.
10. Run out of makeup remover? Use coconut oil!
11. Want to look less tired? Make sure you’re using your concealer correctly.
12. Use a small paint brush and some nail polish remover to get rid of polish around your cuticles.
13. Want cool polka dot nail art? Use a bandaid!
At HinsonGayle it’s no secret that we think our handpicked pearls are the absolute best quality and price in the market place. Our pearls are the perfect accessory for anyone trying to add a little elegance into their lives. Whether it’s wearing a long rope necklace to a fancy affair, or some pearl stud earrings to your CrossFit workout, pearls accent any outfit and occasion.
As it turns out, many people are fans of pearls, so much so that they have coined some pretty incredible quotes about our favorite gem. Check out some of our favorite quotes about pearls below!
“A woman needs ropes and ropes of pearls.” -Coco Chanel
“All art is autobiographical. The pearl is the oyster’s autobiography.” -Federico Fellini
“I feel undressed if I don’t have my pearls on. My pearls are my security blanket.” -Lady Sarah Churchill
“You can’t ever go wrong with pearls. Perhaps pearls are a girl’s best friend after all.” -Ki Hackney
“There is just one piece of jewelry that is equally becoming to everybody, lovely with almost every ensemble, appropriate for almost any occasion, and indispensable in every woman’s wardrobe…long live the pearl necklace, true or false, from our first date until our last breath!” -Genevieve Antoine Dariaux
“The pearl is the queen of gems and the gem of queens.” -Anonymous
“I favor pearls on screen and in my private life.” -Grace Kelly
“Pearls are always appropriate.” -Jackie Kennedy
Take these pearls of wisdom and have a fantastic week!
Summer is an incredibly popular time to get married, so whether you’re shopping for your bride-to-be, your bridesmaids, or for the perfect anniversary gift for your lovely wife, it’s always wise to shop with a plan.
Did you know that each year in a marriage is typically represented by a type of anniversary gift? Check out the list below for the modern and traditional anniversary gifts by year.
* Historically, the traditional 14th anniversary gift was ivory, but endangered elephant populations make this an unethical choice.
Now that you know the traditional and modern anniversary gift theme for each year, check out this list from Hallmark on creative anniversary gift ideas that are sure to make your loved one feel wonderful!
We love Amazon… so much so that you can even purchase our products through them!
Did you know that Amazon has a section that shows you what people put on their registries and wish lists most often? When you’re done loading your cart with the finest pearls the world has to offer, check out these 7 awesome products we stumbled upon that should go on your own wish list!
1. Cold brew coffee concentrate that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
2. A towel that transforms children and babies into mermaids.
3. A timeless leather wristband for an Apple Watch.
4. A water-resistant, wireless outdoor speaker.
5. A breakfast-making station with a griddle, a coffee maker, and a toaster.
6. The story that started it all… Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – Parts One & Two.
7. A game that will make you belly-laugh until it hurts.
Have you stumbled upon any “must-haves” on Amazon this month? Share them in the comments below!
*this post contains affiliate links, but all product opinions are our own*
We are all about simplifying a morning beauty routine, and these 10 products will help you do just that!
1. NYX Be Gone Lip Color Remover: It’s a clear gel that you rub on your lips to remove any stubborn lip color. Just wipe it off with a tissue!
2. Lipstick Queen Frog Prince Lipstick: It’s a green lipstick that reacts to your body’s pH level to give you the perfect semi-sheer rose shade for your skin tone.
3. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: It gently removes makeup, cleanses skin, and refreshes. It’s incredibly gentle, so even the most sensitive skin types can use it!
4. Shiseido Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask: In just 15 minutes, these eye masks brighten the eye area and help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
5. Maybelline Eye Studio Brow Drama Pomade Crayon: This brown crayon is a combination between a pomade and a brow pencil, helping you fill in your brows and keeping stray hairs in place.
6. Smashbox Insta-Matte Lipstick Transformer: This gel transforms any cream lipstick into a gorgeous matte finish — doubling your lip color selection!
7. Exfoliating Gloves: These exfoliating gloves are the perfect tool to smooth your skin and exfoliate while using your favorite cleanser.
8. Amika Mini Ionic Hair Dryer: This perfectly petite hair dryer weighs less than a pound but packs the same power as a regularly sized hair dryer!
9. NYX Color Correcting Concealer Palette: This concealer palette has every color you need to color imperfections. Think green to cover redness, salmon for dark circles, etc.
10. E.l.f. Lip Lock Pencil: This clear lip liner is used to stop bleeding and feathering lipstick — simply apply it around your mouth as a barrier!
Which of these beauty products will you try first? Share in the comments below!